Why Join The Partnership
The Global Island Partnership is a voluntary and inclusive partnership of island champions - countries and organisations - who inspire and support each other to take action and produce results for island communities. GLISPA members benefit from being able to:
- Leverage the Partnership’s strong network of political leaders (heads of state, ministers, governors, ambassadors) who act as champions to leverage financial, political, and institutional support for island action.
- Connect and collaborate with partners from across political jurisdictions to support the implementation of commitments, the scaling of solutions, and to track progress in relation to the SDGs.
- Strategize with other members and partners to strategically frame island issues and show how islands can provide scalable solutions to global challenges.
- Incubate, launch and strengthen high-impact initiatives to move forward mutual priorities.
- Benefit from more than a decade of experience in collaboration and action.
How to Join the Partnership
Membership is open to countries, organizations (public and private) as well as individuals that contribute an annual fee. Prospective members are encouraged to complete a membership Application Form. Your membership application will be reviewed by the Board.